Thursday, 19 November 2015

Too excited to sleep


Oh dear, it was never going to be an easy night but I thought that I had matured beyond ‘too excited to sleep’. Mr J seemed to find no problem in settling down, so I lay in the dark for a good hour, listening to the cat wandering around the house. For a small animal he can certainly make a lot of noise and I wondered how such a stealthy creature could walk up and down the stairs sounding like an elephant stomping through the undergrowth.
Anyway, the reason that I was like a six year on Christmas Eve is that today is the day when we take ownership of our new home, collect the keys and can start moving in. It’s been a couple of months since we last visited what we plan to be our last home. That’s not as ominous as it might sound, we just never want to move again!

So at one in the morning, I snuggled under a duvet on our sofa and watched The Farm Kings which I’d recorded earlier in the week and an hour later tried to sleep once again.

I slept like a log.

And this morning we have both woken before six o’clock, eager to get on with the day, so I can’t stop and chat right now, I have breakfast to cook while Mr J packs the car with the basic essentials for our first visit to our little smallholding.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to receive your comments and feedback, please bear in mind that they may not appear immediately as some comments are moderated.