Friday, 1 January 2016

Still holding on

January 1st 2016. I took this photo this morning as the sun came up spreading light across the sky in a very dramatic fashion. It has been a very quiet couple of days, apart from the henhouse crisis a couple of days ago, I have avoided doing very much at all. My adrenals are still giving me a great deal of pain (it feels like I've been kicked in both kidneys) which not only limits the amount I can do, but also has a negative impact on my sense of humour.

So I have stayed indoors for most of the time, curled up on the sofa, hugging a hot water bottle, read a little and slept from one dose of painkillers to the next. All of which makes for fairly dull blog entries.

I had planned to start sowing some seeds today, so that they can germinate in the warmth of the house and be transferred to the greenhouse once it's glass is all in place. After half an hour of pottering outside this morning, I retired to the sofa and slept on and off for most of the day instead.

I am so excited about living on our little smallholding, enthused about the things that I want to do and thrilled at the prospect of creating a garden that will provide us with food as well as cut flowers for the house. It is unbelievably frustrating that I am unable to do as much as I want to. But it is what it is and there is little point in doing anything other than accepting it and making the best of every moment that I feel well enough to do something. I am sure that after a few more days of being especially gentle I will feel up to tackling some more tasks. And on that note, I am heading back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to receive your comments and feedback, please bear in mind that they may not appear immediately as some comments are moderated.